Toastmasters – LPJC
We meet each 1st, 3rd and 5th Friday at 12:00 noon, immediately following Launch Pad Job Club. To serve those who have found employment, we also meet on 2nd and 4th Thursday evenings at the IHOP on 183 near Duval.
Speaking well is integral to finding and holding a job, but the skills gained from Toastmasters extend far beyond the job search. Toastmasters provides a safe place for challenging oneself and learning from making mistakes. It is a place for improving and expanding our speaking skills. It even has been used for testing interview techniques and presentations for work.
Imagine, a place to get constructive feedback with NO risk.
For more information, please visit our website www.launchpad.toastmastersclubs.org Visitors are always welcome.
Launch Pad Toastmasters President – Bill Morita
- PC / Windows: DOS, 98/NT/W2k/XP, MFC, IDE, DLL, ASP, COM, Visual Studio, GUI
- Unix / Linux, Compilers, X11, Client/Server, GUI, Scripts, Oracle, RDBMS
- Languages: C, C++, Visual C++, C#, Java, Pascal, Tcl-Tk, BASIC, FORTRAN, SQL, DDL, COBOL, SNMP, ILMI, make, ksh, perl, awk, lex, yacc, HTML, Assembler
- Source Control: Clearcase, SourceSafe, CVS, RCS, SCCS, PVCS
- Word Processing / Editors: MS Word, Framemaker, nroff, emacs, vi, HTML
- QA: Software / Hardware (Functional Test)
- Other: Sys Admin, Documentation, Support, R/T Data Acquisition, Telephony (IVR), File Systems, Process Control, Porting, Product Build, Configuration and Version Control management
- Education: BS Information and Computer Science; MBA-Technical Management.
- Mensa, ACM, IEEE, Toastmasters