Leap to Success
Established in 2012, Leap to Success is the premiere project organization of Launch Pad Job Club and offers to Austin-area non-profit organizations pro bono project work utilizing the professional talents of volunteer members from Launch Pad Job Club. Leap to Success strives to provide its members with project work to assist in strengthening their resumes and LinkedIn profiles. This allows prospective employers to see pro-active individuals who are keeping their skills sharp while volunteering for worthy organizations – a true win-win for all. In 2013 Leap to Success not only completed 40 projects for Austin-area non-profits, the organization also won its first award for service, PeopleFund’s “Non-Profit Advocate of the Year.”
A few examples of projects Leap to Success has successfully completed for area non-profits include:
- Creation of logo and corresponding 2-year marketing program for new funding program “Red Shoe Society” for Austin Ronald McDonald House Charities – www.rmhc-ctx.org
- Creation of website for Austin Blues Society – www.austinbluessociety.
- Creation of both business development and marketing plan for Be Kind to Cyclists – www.bekindtocyclists.org
- Development of customized economic mapping database tool for PeopleFund for easier access to federal loans and grants for their clients – www.peoplefund.org
- Creation of testimonials video shown at 1st anniversary “Breakfast Bash” for Back On My Feet at The Westin at The Domain & showcase video for Caritas for 50th anniversary year – www.caritasofaustin.org
- Animation of 30-year-old mascots, “Sugar and Oatie,” in 30-second scene showing them dancing for City of Bertram’s annual “Oatmeal Festival” for their website – www.oatmealfestival.org
- Database move to Office 365 and SharePoint for Manos de Cristo – www.manosdecristo.org
- Creation of online education training program in “Captivate” for new volunteers for National Volunteer Caregiving Network – www.nvcnetwork.org
- Creation of randomization tool of answers for survey sent to member organizations by ACC Center for Non-Profits and Community Organizations – www.sites.austincc.edu/npo/
Above is simply an overview of the types of projects Leap to Success can take on for area non-profits. Projects are wholly dependent upon the availability of the membership of volunteers in Launch Pad Job Club; however, Executive Director, Shannon Mantrom, strives to make it her mission to ensure every non-profit seeking assistance from Leap to Success has at least one of its project requests fulfilled by a Leap to Success project team.
To learn more about this organization, please visit their website at: www.leaptosuccessatx.org
Shannon Mantrom – Executive Director, Leap to Success
Leap to Success is the project division of Launch Pad Job Club and as Executive Director I meet with Austin-area non-profit organizations to promote pro bono project work by the members of Leap to Success. These projects not only benefit the non-profit organizations, they also provide our Leap to Success members positive entries for their resumes and LinkedIn profiles showing prospective employers proactive individuals who are keeping their skills sharp while seeking full-time employment.